Corelli45 wrote:
> My father in law listens to the two services through a
> Devialet800/Martin Logan combination. The difference is even more
> obvious through his equipment. He's made many comparisons and chooses
> Qobuz just about every time. He still loves Spotify for its range and
> reliability.

Many have pointed out there may be some odd "compression" or something
with spotify tracks, so this identified difference is very plausible
(where in other circumstances it should be rare to be able to ABX a high
bitrate lossy file from a lossless file, particularly when one can be
sure of the provenance of both files, preferably a lossy file created
from the lossless file).

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* several Touch, Radio, SB3
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify