Thanks for the response. However, my problems are on a remote instance
of Squeezeplay, connected via a wired network to the Internet, and then
to my server at home.

There's no wireless involved in the chain at all.

I'm starting to suspect that it's down to occasional network glitches.
It seems possible that if the player disconnects and then reconnects it
then skips to the next track in the playlist.

Any suggestions as to what logging to enable to prove this theory? Is it
something that needs fixing in the client (i.e. Squeezeplay in this
instance) or is this something controlled by the server when it sees a
client re-connecting while playing?

Cheers

Andy