mherger wrote:
> > Follow-up question, when I upgrade and podcasts becomes an extension
> > again, what happens to all my old subscriptions and especially the
> MP3
> > files that are the actual podcasts?
>
> There's a feature to import mysb.com managed podcasts to the new
> plugin.
>
> The data itself (mp3) never was stored. It's being streamed to the
> player directly. Therefore there is nothing to loose.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Excellent.

Which begs the question, prior to podcasts moving to mysqueezebox.com,
were they stored locally?

I ask because this is what started this whole thread off. I was browsing
through folders on my ReadyNas, which is where I run my LMS, and there
were hundreds of MP3 files from the podcasts I'd been listening to.