marmoset wrote:

> Any of the other ickstream providers have free streaming at lower
> rates?

All music on demand services I've seen requires a premium account to
listen to full length tracks with third party devices (such as a
Squeezebox), some offer free access through their web interface but not
through third party hardware. The closest I can think of which we have
on ickStream for free is the UberStations radio service where you can
search all radio stations for a song and if it's currently playing on a
radio station you can select to play it.

LEAD PLATFORM DEVELOPER OF 'ICKSTREAM MUSIC PLATFORM'
(HTTP://WWW.ICKSTREAM.COM) -  A WORLD OF MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS

(Also developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If you like to
encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet
development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))