Justme wrote:
> Well, I have been plodding along with my Squeezeboxes for many years
> now. A SB2, Radio and Boom, all on the server software used here (not
> the new one from Logitech).
>
> Generally speaking, I have always been rather happy, as the devices
> cover the main bases I require:
>
> * Internet radio - with 6 presets on the front of the Boom (It is
> surprising how hard that is to find).
> * Access to my extensive music library from the NAS (and access from all
> devices either separately or synced together).
> * Spotify access (although this is a tad limited and not very well
> integrated).
> * Control via the iPad (I use iPeng).
>
> I love it, but there are a couple of issues:
>
> * I get odd buffering problems with the radio, which shouldn't be as I
> have a 50mb line and can happily stream live HD TV at 3600kbps from
> other countries, or Netflix 1080p at 6000kbps*.
> * My old SB2 is about to give up the ghost.
>
> The second problem is where I consider it all quite serious. I would
> like to replace this, but am I correct that Logitech do not make the
> Squeezebox range any more?
> * One of the reasons I never switched over to the new firmware and
> server was because of my SB2, but if I did find a modern replacement,
> would I be better off switching over?
>
> The problem is, I never see any real alternatives on the market out
> there that has everything the Squeezebox's had.
> A lot of people talk about Sonos, but they don't seem to have a Boom
> with the presets that work so well with Internet Radio, not something
> simple like the SB2 with a nice display showing what is currently
> playing.
> Is there anything out there that compares to Logitech's Squeezebox
> ecosystem with the features I need?
>
> By the way, I've been with the Squeezebox for nearly 10 years, and if I
> could, I'd rather stay :)
>
> (Oh, and finally, I would have loved the Squeezebox to accept AirPlay -
> but I know this can't happen)

As for rebuffering. Try to set streaming through PROXY. This helps in
many cases. I can stream wimp-hifi (flac streaming) without any
rebuffering. Also wireless.17174

|Filename: proxysettings.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17174|

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Transporter, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom:
Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, WIMP-HIFI flac
streaming.