mherger wrote:

> Do you have any data backing this claim? The value is stored in the
> database. As long as you don't delete it it's stored with the library
> data (see the metainformation table). If some update causes a rescan at
>
> startup, then the lastscan value obviously is reset.

Ah, that actually could be it.
I have at lest two servers which usually don't deliver any "lastscan"
value with the server status (not a reset one, none at all, the whole
field is missing) when I restart the server.

But one is still on 7.7.x and the other one usually starts a scan after
startup because I have more than one version of LMS installed on it.

Sounds like at least for 7.8 and 7.9 I should rely on it for cache
purging? Is "lastscan" updated whenever BMF finds new music?

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*