Mnyb wrote:
> The LMS compatibility is not even mentioned on brystons website ? it's
> ofcourse very easy to add just install squeezelite . Is the whole LMS
> server also preinstalled ? it can use external storage and play files
> from usb sticks and hard drives .
> The manual mentiosn MPD as the player .

I would assume the USB storage isn't usable from the Squeezebox player
software that they have installed, only from their standard player
software. As you say, that would also require the internal computer to
be running LMS.

This is the only mention of LMS from the BDP-2 manual. It may be that
Squeezelite was added only as a stopgap for people buying their $3000
device only to find that it can't even stream Internet radio.