d6jg wrote:
> Logitech might jump back on board - they must be peed off that they
> jumped out just as Sonos jumped in - it's consumer electronics after
> all.

Well Sonos was around quite a while before Logitech jumped out. But the
biggest trouble was that Squeezebox was simply there much too early for
consumers. Only really since streaming services as Spotify started has
the market for streaming / file players begun to evolve. Before it was a
tiny niche market, now it seems like everyone wants a piece of the cake
and  everybody is interested in these products.

A stupid time to stop the Squeeze product line. They should have waited
a bit and actually brought new products out and not only the sort of
kitchen radio the UE Radio was.

A great shame. There is no system that can compete with Squeeze - well
maybe Volumio... Sonos has it's merrits, but it aint no Squeeze.

Therefore our homemade players are really amongst the best streaming
players around - also cheaper than Raumfeld and all those other
streaming players.
So a Receiver we have with these players, what we need is a homemade
Boom ;-)

LMS 7.9.0 on Wandboard (SoA)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, HifiBerry
PicorePlayer
Schiit - BIFROST Dac
Spotify Premium
iPhone: iPeng - iPad: Squeezepad, iPengHD