I also have a Bifrost and it clicks when changing from standard to
hires. So having a playlist mixing them, would result in clicking.
But staying within the same sample rate playback from my touch via
bifrost is perfect and without gaps or clicks.
I also have a Rapberry Pi running Picoreplayer connected to the Bifrost,
changing to hires or standard does not cause any clicks or
interruptions. So this might also be an option.

LMS 7.9.0 on Wandboard (SoA)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, HifiBerry
PicorePlayer
Schiit - BIFROST Dac
Spotify Premium
iPhone: iPeng - iPad: Squeezepad, iPengHD