pippin wrote:
> "Open source" alone doesn't solve any maintenance issues.
Therefore I wrote "at least there is a possibility that the system won't
die completely on iOS". Otherwise if there won't be a maintainer anymore
it will die for sure.

pippin wrote:
> Just look at the progress the Open Source Squeezebox Apps have made on
> Android compared to the commercial ones. Squeezer is OK but far away
> from OrangeSqueeze or SqueezeControl, even SqueezeCommander which hasn't
> seen an update in three years beats it dead in the water.
Well, when did you check Squeezer the last time? It made a huge progress
over the last 2 years. For me it is at same quality than Orange
Squeeze.

pippin wrote:
> Me thinks the work bluegaspode is still doing on this App will do more
> for the App than what an Open Source project could do in the forseeable
> future.
That may be true. Open source situation on iOS probably sucks anyway.
The only open source app I've found so far is "Signal" :(

PS: Probably I should hurry and buy some remaining UE Smart Radios
because for me there is no alternative available on the market :(