ashleyw wrote:
> afraid in my world (which only consists of RPI2s and hifiberry DACs) -
> there are several issues with sync;
> - Adding a player to a sync group while a track is playing results in a
> stutter on all players.

It does that when you add any player. Always has. Unless you're talking
about continuous stuttering.

> - sync via wifi on an RPI2 is too unstable which forces wired
> connection.

Unstable, how? Unable to maintain sync, or do you get dropouts? If it's
dropouts, then it's a problem with your wireless network, not whatever
you're using as a player.

> - sync is via skips where as on sonos sync is via adjusting the audio
> clock rate so players get in pefect sync quickly without noticable sync
> jumps.

Once in sync, do you notice these skips? I never have. If you are, it
would suggest something wrong with the clocks.