After 8 years of using Napster, the fact that old Squeezeboxes like the
Receiver (and the Controller some time ago) are no longer supported and
new options in the Squeezebox-universe (like my RaspberryPi solutions)
were never supported at all, I also decided to cancel my Napster
subscription.

In the past month I have tested the Deezer premium and up to now I am
very pleased. You get 320 kbps MP3s to any kind of device including
Receiver, Controller, Radio, Touch, SqueezePlay on the PC, SqueezeLite
on the Pi. The important fact for me is that it plays different streams
simultaneously on different players (haven't tried what happens when you
start the Deezer App on your mobile at the same time). This works
without any problems and no third-party plugin involved.
To my impression the catalog is quite similar to that of Napster (I'm
from Germany).

The things I'm missing is the integration in the now playing menu. With
the Napster plugin, you could directly go from a internet radio track to
the song or the artist in Napster or store the album in the Napster
library to listen to more of it later. I really used that a lot, as it
makes discovering new music very easy.

I appreciate all the work put in the Napster plugin to keep it available
(e.g. after certificate problems) and up-to-date (make the 320 kbps ACC
available on radio and touch), but for me personally, the protective
approach of Napster made me finally quit this service and look for
another.

Thank you for the music...