ashleyw wrote:
> what are peoples thoughts about Roonlabs running on the rpi2 with
> HifiBerry (or iqaudio) DAC in the form of Roonspeakers?
> https://community.roonlabs.com/t/raspberry-pi-support/1129/2
>
> It's vapourware right now but could potentially be a neat alternative,
> but Spotify support isn't there currently AFAIK.
>
> The whole UI of something like SqueezeCommander is well past its sell by
> date, and the LMS architecture itself has strengths but also weaknesses
> in the forms of poor sync (compared to Sonos).

Hi ashleyw,
I've quite the same questions except sync is not a big isssue for me
(i'm not using it a lot).
I've tried to get user feedback or opinions about Roon on this forum but
no joy, see:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104044-Roon-a-SqueezeBox-ecosystem-alternative

About Roonlabs i agree with their opinions on UpNP architecture, see:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/whats-wrong-with-upnp/2101/5
Interested in discussion about that and the potential "to be released"
RoonSpeakers protocol alternative.

Regards
Volpone

SqueezeBoxServer 7.9 / ReadyNas Pro (x86) | SBTouch - SB3 - Duet - Boom
- Ipeng
SBTouch => Rega DAC => Rega Brio amp => Harbeth SLH5+