Do you use Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) media center?  If so then you
can use the Xsqueeze addon which looks pretty nice and includes a
squeezelite player:

18503

It will work on both the raspberry pi as well as windows machines.  I
used it for a bit but had trouble with the sound quality on the pi but
since I have no linux skills I couldn't make the suggested changes to
correct my problem.  You should have a look at the Kodi forums for more
info: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueeze

In addition, you could try running the Soundicity controller on your
windows machine controlling an instance of squeezelite running on the
same machine.  Soundicity also looks very nice though it is designed for
tablets and phones.  My personal favorite controller GUI is Ipeng but as
of now it only runs on iphones and ipads.  I am anxious to see what
Pippin does once Apple finally opens up the Apple TV to apps (hint, hint
Pippin if you are reading this).  Good luck and let us know what you go
with.

|Filename: XSqueezeNowPlaying.jpg                                   |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18503|