Julf wrote:
> Pretty much all GUIs are going to reflect the underlying functionality
> and APIs (unless we are talking about visual sugar coating).
so what you are saying is that there are no alternative "players" that
you know of that has a GUI that dose not look like "LMS" in one way or
the other unless they are "sugar coated"?
i believe it is the sugar coating i am looking for. As i said i am
looking for a nice GUI.

pippin wrote:
> Again: What is the problem with Android and iOS devices? With the right
> dock you can get pretty darn good SQ and you have easy to use,
> integrated UIs
It is a good alternative, 2things though..
I don't own a Android or iOS device that i would like to put in a dock
and let sit just. in that case it would be a ipad och similar Android
screen. as a mobile phone is a little small i think.
Though it got me thinking, android on a pi and that way use a player.
Good idea :)

usc95 wrote:
> Do you use Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) media center?  If so then you
> can use the Xsqueeze addon which looks pretty nice and includes a
> squeezelite player:
>
> It will work on both the raspberry pi as well as windows machines.  I
> used it for a bit but had trouble with the sound quality on the pi but
> since I have no linux skills I couldn't make the suggested changes to
> correct my problem.  You should have a look at the Kodi forums for more
> info: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueeze
>
> In addition, you could try running the Soundicity controller on your
> windows machine controlling an instance of squeezelite running on the
> same machine.  Soundicity also looks very nice though it is designed for
> tablets and phones.  My personal favorite controller GUI is Ipeng but as
> of now it only runs on iphones and ipads.  I am anxious to see what
> Pippin does once Apple finally opens up the Apple TV to apps (hint, hint
> Pippin if you are reading this).  Good luck and let us know what you go
> with.

I have tried it and while i was using it, i looked around in the plugin
and some how i accidentally "fell" out of the plugin and started a
second player on top of the other one and then i could not exit out of
kodi, it just kept playing in the background...
I like the idea, but not that i have to start the application to be able
to start playing in on it..