Jetlag Wrote:
> Occaisionally my girlfriend finds a couple of my songs that she wants me
> to put on her iPod or I swap out the ones on my 256MB 'gym' MP3 player.
> I encode these (MP3 & AAC) from the WAV files.  Lots of encoders handle
> WAV, not to many handle FLAC.
Do you bother with tags?  If not then there's no point doing anything.
If every time you convert the WAV's you are tagging stuff then you could
make life easier....

I'd suggest invesing a little time looking at a solution (e.g.
Transcode) so you could set up a batch run to convert all of your
FLAC's with tags.

Dumping the wav's you'd still save space and be able to store 4
different lossy files as well as the FLAC for whenever you wanted to
transfer them.

e.g. 128kbps AAC
128kbps MP3
320kbps AAC
320kbps MP3

Once you're learned how to set it up it can do them whilst you're in
bed!

--
Jim