bpa wrote:
> I assume it is a typo when you said the name of the file was
> custom-config.conf and not custom-convert.conf
>
> The MPEG4-SLS type has nothing to do with mp4 type - rule for it
> appears as the type sls in the convert.conf and types.conf files.
>
> The error shown in the log indicates that the mp4 conversion rules have
> been discarded by LMS as invalid which is why mp4 files won't play.
>
> I have tested the same custom-convert,conf file on 7.9 and it works OK
> and plays
>
> How did you create the custom-convert.conf file ?
>
> It isn't a Windows file copied over to Linux as this will insert extra
> chars at end of line  ?
>
> Use Linux "file" command to make sure it is an ASCII text and not
> something else
>
> If you attach the custom-convert.conf file (you may need to rename it )
> to a post  - I'll try it on my system.

Thanks again. yes, name was typo.  I created the file with windows7
"NOTEPAD" (text editor).  It says saving with ANSI coding. Other options
are unicode, unicode big endian,  UTF-8.  I've attached my file from
dropbox, link below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27403489/custom-convert.conf

p.s. How would I use "linux file command" to determine something is
truly ASCII?  I can run command line in linux but have zero
knowledge.....I just enter commands that someone else instructs me to
enter....

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify