Mnyb wrote:
> No product is perfect .
>
> + good support for a lot of things and all this other protocols to ,
> nice and a GUI to manage it all .
>
> - no analog out really ? Was the psu included or not ( for that price it
> should ) .
>
> Nice to have display and IR support .
>
> I would have preferred  and slightly lower price for a digital endpoint
> , it's a tad expensive but actually not outrageously so ( I'm now
> comparing to so called high end streamers and servers ).
> Hopefully the extra $$$ is in the support for roon,dlna and the rest of
> the software . Not "audiophile markup" that consumer niche is not very
> price sensitive ,contrary they get suspicious if it's to cheap :)
>
> I paid similar for my Touch . So it's simply up to the each one what
> he/she thinks is acceptable price .
>
> In a world where there are not many prebuilt squeezeboxes anymore it is
> worth considering .
> So i bookmark this fo future consideration if I need a digital out only
> player again .

This is the cheapest player with all these features available on the
market. We built a very high quality full features product so we needed
to price accordingly.

We had very little request for an analog output so we saved cost by not
putting one on the unit. We do have one for an extra $35

http://shop.smallgreencomputer.com/VortexBox-USB-to-RCA-cable-DAC-USB-DAC.htm

But at this point most people just want a USB port for their DAC.

rip, tag, get cover artÂ… All you do is insert the CD!
http://vortexbox.org

agillis
Lead Developer VortexBox