Mnyb wrote:
> These products goes like hot cakes in the ROON crowd .
>
> They believe all audiophile claims and are used to Meridian and Ayre
> price levels and are not as pesky as some of us squeezebox user that
> want such claims substantiated ?

Yes, the numerous posts at the Roon forum are almost like a textbook of
audiophile myths. I've enjoyed playing with Roon for the
"metadata/information" connections it shows regarding my library. And I
do appreciate the idea of a company creating brand agnostic music server
software that can deal with many different filetypes, different
hardware, handle multiroom sync, etc. I haven't actually used it for
playback yet except through the soundcard of my office machine at work.
But after hanging out here for so long it is offputting to see kinds of
comments people at the roon forum make.  Many there seem to love "the
absolute sound" (all I really needed to know give the bizarre stuff they
publish).   I don't bother trying to comment on any of this at the roon
forum (otherwise I'd be doing this:
[image: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png]

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify