Furry wrote:
> I'm not sure anyone has been, yet; the subject of this thread seems to
> ask two questions, but the discussion seems (so far) to only be about
> the first; 'Breakthrough?'.  Setting aside the debate about whether or
> not MQA is cynical proprietary-format snake-oil and/or a DRM vehicle,
> for a while, what about the second question: 'LMS possible?'.
>
> How would LMS handle MQA, if Tidal does eventually stream MQA?  Would it
> pass it through to an MQA-supporting DAC? (e.g. Meridian Explorer 2
> hanging off a RPi?), or would (could) it process/convert MQA to
> PCM/FLAC?  I guess a plugin would be required for the second case, but
> what about the first, for 'pass-through'?

Pass trough would actually work rigth now as the LMS system is today
without any changes. That's why how tidal for example will implement it
becomes interesting . The MQA info is coded into normal PCM so a wav or
flac file or in some kind of stream then again it becomes interesting
how they intend to do it ...

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )