rkrug wrote:
> R1200CL <R1200CL.79vyzz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
> writes:
>

> http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/01/mqa-promises-something-for-everyone/
>
> Hm.
>
> So in theory, if I
>
> a) Rip a CD
> b) know the AD converter used for the conversion to digital
> c) I could theoretically (if I would have the software) make the MQA
> correction?

> > R1200CL's Profile:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=63832
> > View this thread:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102648

I think the best result comes ( if any at all ) if the source is a hirez
master of some sort . So the master -and the whole production - shall
ideally be 24/96 or better .

For CD quality we can just assume that the software used to resample and
dither to 16/44.1 does it job as it always has .
So is MQA really targeted at this application ? Of course they want us
to use it for everything...

It all hinges around two beliefs that actually are not proved at all .

Apodising filters or similar is better .

>16/44.1 is needed for a consumer distribution format .

In that case MQA does actually work it preserves >20 kHz information in
a compact format with a gentle roll of .

And I assume some further magic can be done if the function of the ADC
filter is known , but I think this can be a logical trap once the signal
is bandwith limited the information is truly lost and you could arrive
at the same limited signal by many means.
However some optimisation can probably be done . For example an ever
gentler filter function in MQA algorithms if you know what the ADC did
etc .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )