Ok so now I've read your story from the start.
It looks like a wireless interference issue because players drop all at
the same time, on any of the 2 APs. And it seems that the connection can
get bad enough for DHCP leases to fail to go through sometimes.
The 2nd AP doesn't seem to help, and it is a local source of
interference... I would suggest to shutdown one of the 2 APs for the
moment.

You have a mac laptop. Can you look repeatedly at the mac's wireless
connection, possibly to catch a change in wifi AP settings between a
state where players are OK, and players get down?
The most practical way to do this I think would be pressing the alt key
and clicking the wireless fan icon on top of the screen. With alt
pressed, you can already see some details about your current connection.
If you do this often enough you'll see if your AP has changed its setup,
causing your mac to follow suit, but causing the SBs to drop.

Or perhaps the interference comes from the outside. With alt-click on
the wireless fan icon, you can select "Open Wireless Diagnostics..." at
the top of the menu. A dummy wireless assistant will pop up, but you are
interested in the "Window" menu item of Wireless Diagnostics: the Scan
window is particularly interesting, it reports SSIDs, channels, channel
width, signal strength etc. (scroll to see all the columns.)
To run a scan, the wifi interface has to be up, but you'll see more of
the landscape if you disconnect from your own AP before running it.
(alt-click the wifi fan icon, there is a "disconnect from <your AP>"
option)
Writing this I ran a scan and there is one bully in my neighborhood,
that uses 40MHz channel width in the 2.4GHz band. He's rather far (big
negative RSSI number), so that's no problem.
If you routinely get info, perhaps you'll see a change at the moment the
SB drops.

There is also "Monitor mode" that can catch everything the wireless
interface of the mac is able to "hear". But this generates an
intractable packet dump file that can be read with "tcpdump -r
<filename>" in the console or with WireShark. I wouldn't want to go
there myself.

Good luck ;)

4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server 7.9 (linux) with
plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster
by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart
Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland
Isaksson • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • ShairTunes2 by disaster123 •
Local Player by Triode • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by
Peter Watkins.