The problem may not be that you changed the channel but the
interference.

In my case I further found that one of my neighbours has a router that
is set to auto-hop channels and two others are using channel bonding in
2.4 Ghz. Together this seems to create problems that the Squeezebox wifi
setup cannot deal with, even though other device in the house seem to
manage - impacted, yes but they do manage to connect and work.

So in the end I have given up on my Squeezebox Touch devices in terms of
wireless. I have one that I have connected to ethernet sharing from a PC
and otherwise I have replaced the Squeezebox Touch with a Chromecast
Audio.

This is major downgrade with the loss of the top notch touchscreen on
the SBT, but hey the Chromecast Audio actually holds a wireless signal
perfectly. So I can listen to my music, which is what I want to do do
instead of burying myself in computer forums for hours on end seeking
solutions to Squeezebox wifi.

3x Squeezebox Touch
2x Squeezebox Radios
1x Squeezebox Classic
Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.
Mobile: 3x Ipeng on Iphone /  2x Ipeng on Ipad / Orange Squeeze+Squeeze
Player
Laptops: 2x Squeezeplay 7.8.0-r328