Mnyb wrote:
> SB3 aka Classic was sold with or without wifi card , but that option
> soon disappeared , but it is a plug in card so you can make one or the
> other by tossing or adding the wifi card .
>
> I dont think there where sold without wifi when logitech took over
This is my impression as well. Also of note, the slimdevices SB3 had the
brand 'slimdevices' embossed in the back of the device, while the
Logitech Classic had a smooth back (but it seems early Logitech devices
were shipped with the slimdevices-branded plastic shell).
Slimdevices SB3 have been shipped with 2 different IR remotes over the
years, the first was modeled after the SB2 remote.
Slimdevices SB3 were available in black/black, silver/black,
silver/white color combinations. Logitech Classics are only
black/black... and it is not exactly the same black for the front
fascia.
I think the screen color might have slightly changed as well; I would
say the Logitech Classic display had more green in it, but I can't
compare as my Classics are in storage.

I would recommend a stroll to the Wayback machine at archive.org. The
www.slimdevices.com site looks fairly well archived and you could
witness the evolution of the brand and products verbatim.

4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server 7.9 (linux) with
plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster
by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart
Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland
Isaksson • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • ShairTunes2 by disaster123 •
Local Player by Triode • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by
Peter Watkins.