TurnipMan wrote:
> It's on a Rpi2 with Max2Play so it's linux.

:o
than you should start with something like that (unless another user has
a better idea..)

- check if max2play has netcat installed eg writing nc [return] in
  your shell
- get the macadress from the Chromcast device
- add these lines to a file and name that "autoplay.sh"

Code:
--------------------
    #! /bin/sh

  ###vars:
  ## change that to the mac adress from the Chromcast Device
  playerID="50:40:30:20:10"

  #the stream/playlist
  my_playlist="/playlist_path/playlist.m3u"

  server=127.0.0.1
  port=9090

  connected=$(printf "$playerID connected ?\nexit\n" |nc $server $port|cut -d '
' -f 3)
  if [ ! $connected = 1 ]
  then
  exit 1
  fi

  playerstatus=$(printf "$playerID power ?\nexit\n" |nc $server $port|cut -d '
' -f 3)
  if [ ! $playerstatus = 1 ]
  then
  echo "powering player on"
  printf "$playerID power 1\nexit\n"|nc $server $port
  else
  echo "player is on"
  fi

  playermode=$(printf "$playerID mode ?\nexit\n" |nc $server $port|cut -d ' '
-f 3)
  if [ ! $playermode = play ]
  then
  echo "nothing to play"
  echo "try to play players playlist"
  printf "$playerID  play\nexit\n"|nc $server $port
  sleep 2
  playermode=$(printf "$playerID mode ?\nexit\n"|nc $server $port|cut -d ' ' -f
3)
  if [ ! $playermode = play ]
  then
  echo "no playlist loaded we play $my_playlist now"
  printf "$playerID playlist play $my_playlist\nexit\n"|nc $server $port
  fi
  else
  echo "playing"
  fi

  exit 0
--------------------

place that file somewhere under /opt or /usr/local/bin and make it
executeable by chmod +x /path/filename

use sudo crontab -e
and add something like:

Code:
--------------------
    */15 * * * * /path/filename.sh

to start that script each 15 mins.

I know its kind off ugly and not perfect cause it runs all 15 minutes
and i dont know whats happen, when the device is powered on but paused
cause you want to make a phonecall and so on.

So it "NOT" really what you looking for it doesnt handle a "device
connected and just powered on" - it just a device is connected and it
should play my playlist/stream.

Gruss
Jan