After my RPi3 is delivered i am pretty sure, its too oversized for a
simple Player.

Cause the WIFI Antenna is now on the Board and not sticking outside on a
USB "nice" Cases out of Aluminium arent the best choice if the router is
far away. In fact same case same place rpi2 no prob, rpi 3 no connection
(in the case)

TbH: Its much oversized as a simple Audio player i dont think there is a
market for this right now.
As a Server it might be a better starting point as the Rpi2.

Please dont missunderstood me, but using a oversized Rpi with an
undersized PSU keeping in mind of "runs good if it never will be
stressed out "seems a bit strange to me.
A copyjob and a apt-get upgrade at the same time and hopefully the
system if working again after that - is that kind of russian rulette
that most of the typical "users" never wanna try or solve this without
shouting agains rpi, lms, squeezelite.

Gruss
Jan