Reminds me of this guy who years ago launched an app that would take
what was playing on the iphone music app and run it in LMS when entering
in range of a known LMS server on wifi.
Terrific idea, I bought the modestly priced app immediately. But most of
the time it wouldn't work, I think the guy dropped the project.

I for one, have really no particular love for the music player in the
iPhone. I would switch to using iPeng all the time in a jiffy if offline
mode was available.
And considering the native music app will only accept AAC or ALAC (and
mp3?) when most of my library is FLAC and the remaining part in mp3, I
could accept the constraint of converting (duplicating) part of my
library to AAC, and have iPeng local mode work off a library view.

In any case, my phone was the expensive expansive 16GB iPhone 4, I'm set
to move to the new "made for the emerging markets" SE in 16GB. And my
music lib is about 500GB.

You can do it Pippin! Make us pay through our nose for this new feature
;)

4 SB 3 • Libratone Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server
7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by
bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.