Squeezemenicely wrote:
> Mission accomplished, my music is now backed up in the cloud, more than
> 1 TB. Amazon really has good upload speed. Now I feel a bit safer. So
> the worst bit is behind me, the initial upload. From now on my NAS will
> automatically sync with the cloud. So all is good.

What I've learned so far about the Amazon Cloud Windows client:

1. It will not install from a "network location" (i.e., NAS).  I can't
imagine why that check was even put in there...and the installer just
initiates a download of the real code, anyway!

2. If you're running a VPN, attempting to log on just results in a claim
that the client can't connect to the Internet.  As soon as you
disconnect the VPN (i.e., compromise your security) it will connect.
Again, I can't even imagine why that check was put in there.

3. There are no encryption options at all that I can see.  Whatever
you're uploading appears to be completely visible to Amazon to do with
whatever they please.  Or maybe it's all encrypted with some default
users can't control.

4. It will fail to upload files when it deems the path name too long.

5. If you accidentally create a directory via the client, you can only
delete it via the web interface.