hey guys, for several years I was running RPI2s with hifiberry cards in
them for syncd multi room using squeezelite primarily with Triodes
Spotify plugin - the sync was never that great.
Fro the last 4 months I've been running 9 x Chromecast audio - they work
brilliantly and the integration into android is slick (along with the
setup) and audio quality is brilliant. The sync over wifi is 100%, and
it's trivial to group/re group audio zones etc, there are no audio drop
outs at all. I must say I haven't looked back at all and even my family
can operate the Chromecast audios so WAF is good (and CCs are cheap).

With things like Plex (for local music libraries) supporting audio cast,
what is the use case for the squeezebox ecosystem any more (just
checking before I sell all my RPIs in case I've missed something).

any thoughts?