mattpitts74 wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> this is my first here, so please treat me gently.
>
> I have recently setup up squeezebox server and players using max2play
> and piCorePlayer.  I have three pi's around the the house and I have
> been having some trouble getting the music playing from all three at the
> same time in some situations.  one of the pi's has a highberry DAC which
> always seems to be connected and the two pi's have USB DAC's one of the
> exturnl DAC's is directly connected to the pi's USB port, the other DAC
> is inside my NAD 3020 amp and is connected directly to the other pi.
>
> The problem's seem to arise when I want to try and sync across all the
> devices, sometimes the pi's with the external DAC's show that they are
> connected and in sync, but no sound comes out, and I have to do a
> restart before they will start to play any sound again :-)
>
> I was wondering why, it's almost as if the pi forgets its connected to
> the external DAC and needs to be restarted to find it again.  Has anyone
> else experienced these kinds of problems?
>
> Is there an easy fix?

Hi Matt,

Easy is as Easy does, welcome to the forum.

First, what usb dacs do you use?

Second, better I think to use the same OS for everything, In this case I
think (IMO) Max2play might suite you better (especially if you take out
a licence).

Thirdly, although I hardly ever use the sync feature I believe that it
operates in "the lowest common denominator" sense which might not fit
one or two of your players.

Ronnie

The failure to start may just be a timing error, one would want the LMS
to be up and running before the Squeezelite players start.