My Squeezebox Classic volume is controlled by its own remote. Just today
if I press the volume control and release, let's say down, the volume
goes all the way to zero by itself. If I press the volume control up and
release, the volume goes all the way to 100 all by itself. It is only by
luck that I can stop this after about 10 button presses with volume
staying at some random figure.

I have tried unplugging unit, the pressing "+" button technique and the
"1" technique. The screen just flies through all the settings by
itself.

Maddening! Any suggestions to stop this weird behavior? iMac Sierra
10.12.2

Thank you.

PS Although I have 3 Classics, 1 Touch, 1 Radio and 1 Transporter, I am
still not that technical so please be kind on the instructions...