d6jg wrote:
> That sounds like a faulty IR sensor on the Classic itself then.
> I imagine in the Bedroom you want to use the remote rather than iPeng.
> You mentioned you had other Classics - perhaps swap its location with
> another that works OK where you don't need to control with a remote ?

Thank you for your response!

This has been a wild 36 hours. Not only do I have run-away volume but
the same goes for the up & down arrow - songs in a playlist go by in a
blur. The on/off button does not work either. Nothing slows down enough
to do a proper reset of this Classic (the "+" technique). I will keep
trying.

Luckily iPeng functions and controls this Classic. Feeling grateful to
Pippin, the least I could do was to purchase the latest update to iPeng.
It is great to have split view on my iPad!

As I have 2 factory remotes in the Bedroom, I will use, as replacements,
my iPad Pro and ancient iPad Touch where iPeng does just fine. If using
these devices with my Classic gets too tedious, I will switch my Bedroom
Classic with another Classic that is not used as much.

I also called Logitech support and put in my request for them to remake
the Touch or Classic again. They replied that they have many requests
for this.

Just annoying but in the end - I'll live...