d6jg wrote:
> What about Powerline Network Adapters instead of 75' of cable? Google
> and you will find out what they are if you don't know. One by your
> router and another by the Classic in question.

Without Powerline adapters I would not have WiFi in my house, as all my
walls both external and internal are masonry. I now have 7 TrendNet
Adapters with 7 Airport Extremes in a roaming network. TrendNet does not
recommend more than 8 in use and I keep the extra 8th one for temporary
connections. Should have thought of using that 8th one for my initial
testing. grrrr!

Anyway, I just neatly stretched out that 50' cable along the baseboards
and used an ethernet connector to connect another 7' cable to complete
the installation. All working fine. Monoprice is a great resource and
incredibly cheap for all sorts of cables (and no, I do not work there or
have any connections (ha!) with them).

Now that so-called bad Bedroom Classic is now in a room to be used only
once per week. Besides I can always use my old iPod Touch and iPeng. I
relabeled everything and set up my syncs to reflect the changes.

Exhausted!

and Pippin, when I checked the Getting Started for Net::UDAP I was lost
on the 2nd line... I do appreciate the information and in the end, the
ethernet cable did the trick. Thanks again for the reply.