it's clear that the delay is caused here

Code:

  sub wipeAllData {
        Slim::Utils::ArtworkCache->new()->wipe();

Yep, that's it. And it actually makes sense: this call would delete all rows from the database. And as there are about four entries or more per track, this easily processes hundreds of thousands of records.

So I'll ask again: did you set the database memory preference to maximum?

You might also try to delete the artwork.db (while LMS if shut down). I did apply some changes a while back which would only take effect if the file was indeed re-built from scratch.

And then you might want to check Settings/Advanced/Performance. There's a section for what artwork sizes are to be pre-cached. If you see an entry which doesn't make sense (eg. registered by a mobile app you're no longer using), delete it.

--

Michael