d6jg wrote:
> As the VB forum hasn't yet re-appeared and the Wiki doesn't tell you how
> to do this I have examined my bash history and the steps are as
> follows:
>
> This is to upgrade from VB 2.4 with LMS 7.8 to the nightly 7.9.xx
> version
>
> Replace -
> http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/6b4ee63/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-0.1.1487249278.noarch.rpm
> - with the latest version available

Code:
--------------------
  >   > yum clean all
  > yum update
  > reboot
  >
  > rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver logitechmediaserver-CPAN
logitechmediaserver-vendor logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k

--------------------

> Thereafter to upgrade the nightly periodically do

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > ystemctl stop squeezeboxserver
  > yum install
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/6b4ee63/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-0.1.1487249278.noarch.rpm
--------------------

> NOTE check the URL it WILL have changed.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > systemctl start squeezeboxserver
  > systemctl -l status squeezeboxserver
--------------------

Here are comments I copied from Ron Olson. It's essentially the same,
using the command DNF to replace YUM. DNF is used in the VB2.4 Fedora
version, but YUM still works too.
One important thing to note is the last comment about updating VB using
command line rather than the VB GUI button, and using the code
indicated.

Updating LMS nightly

2. Remove the VortexBox version of LMS:
Code:
rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver logitechmediaserver-CPAN
logitechmediaserver-vendor logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k

3. Restore the LMS server.prefs file:
Code:
cp -a /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs.rpmsave
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs

4. Install LMS from the Slim Devices nightly:
Code:
dnf install
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/34f10c2/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-0.1.1463124735.noarch.rpm
This is the latest version as of May 16, 2016. If you install on a later
date, pick up the RedHat rpm version that's in
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

5. Link required perl library:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim
6. Restart LMS:
Code:
systemctl start squeezeboxserver
7. Check LMS status:
Code:
systemctl -l status squeezeboxserver

9. You will have to upgrade your VB 2.4 system from the command line to
prevent the Slim Devices nightly LMS from being upgraded to the
VortexBox version:
Code:
dnf clean all; dnf --exclude=logitechmediaserver* update