Fredo wrote:
> Gary, thanks for the info.  Success, it worked!  The LSM update
> installed.  Thanks to all who took the time to comment, I really
> appreciate the help.
>
> One last question please.  Do I need to do this:
>
> You will have to upgrade your VB 2.4 system from the command line to
> prevent the Slim Devices nightly LMS from being upgraded to the
> VortexBox version:
> Code:
> dnf clean all; dnf --exclude=logitechmediaserver* update
>
> Can I just do dnf clean all; dnf update?

No, because if you do, it will try to install the Vortexbox version of
7.9 rather than the newer version that you have.  What this means is:

1. You can't use the "update" button from the Vortexbox web interface.
2. Instead you get the same updates by using command line to update, but
as noted, you have to do the following:
dnf clean all; dnf --exclude=logitechmediaserver* update
(this way, the update won't affect your LMS 7.9.1.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify