bpa wrote:
> AFAIK Forum is currently funded by Logitech - probably forgotten about
> in some budget.  A change would cause re-examination of that funding -
> let sleeping dogs lie.

This is indeed a good point. @mherger, would you agree that it's safer
to not stir things up? Are we that much of a threatened species? I have
so far interpreted the freedoms that Michael enjoys at Logitech as a
kind of support from Logitech rather than an "accident" (if anything,
the community is an extremely cost effective form of caring for your
brand (not to mention the reduced support costs). But if he agrees that
we are in a precarious situation in which not even his negotiating
skills with his superiors would help, I shall rest my case (though not
without mentioning that it would cost less than 10 € per month to host
this forum independently on a VPS, and if the Forum is really under
threat of being shut down, preemptively moving to an independent site
may actually be the better option).

bpa wrote:

> The frequent users of the forum is a small group who provide supporr and
> assistance to occasional users.
That is actually a common characteristic of many online communities and
if it is an argument for or against migration at all, it is probably
speaks more -for- a migration because the "occasional user" is more
likely to appreciate the change (since it's not so much of a change for
them and, more importantly, they would be the ones who benefit from
features like improved search (honestly: if you have ever searched for a
term on this forum, you know that it can only be improved, right?)

bpa wrote:

> User who wants to discuss topics to have "fun" generally use other
> forums.

I'd say that serious discussion threads are compatible with "fun" just
like you can say "My job is fun", but I guess my use of the term "fun"
was misleading. I did not mean to suggest that people should come here
to play around, make jokes, discuss nonsense or anything like that. What
I meant is "enjoyable" or perhaps simply "a positive UX".

*Server*: LMS 7.7.5 on a ReadyNAS Ultra 2
*Players*: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), Boom
*Remote control apps*: iPeng (iOS), SqueezePad (iOS), Squeezecontroller
(Android)
*Important plugins*: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music,
Switch Player, Custom Browse, Spotty, Multi Library