jstraw wrote:
> My LMS uses an IP provided by a VPN service and my DYN hostname points
> to that IP. I was using password protection on top of that obfuscation
> successfully right up until a LMS reinstall. After the reinstall,
> password protection still works perfectly for web browsers and hardware
> devices. It only stopped working for all three instances of Squeezeplay
> in use. I have disabled password protection when I've needed to use any
> of those Squeezeplay instances.
>
> I can input the username on Squeezeplay and move on to the password
> screen. When I enter the password and click "done," literally nothing
> happens.

Squeezeplay tries to connect with the username/password for a few
seconds and should return to the username input screen if it fails.

There's not a lot of logging in the HttpAuth modules but try setting the
applet.HttpAuth, audio.code, audio.decode and audio.output logging to
debug, quit squeezeplay
Delete HttpAuth.lua from
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\SqueezePlay\userpath\settings and
start squeezeplay.

When SP fails to connect, press and hold the backspace key to cancel the
connect attempt, if it doesn't come back on it's own, quit squeezeplay
and see if there's anything helpfull in the logs.
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\std*-SqueezePlay.txt

If still no joy, quit squeezeplay, backup or just delete the userpath
folder and start SP and try again.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.