drmatt wrote:
> Yes you can create normalised mp3s, but the process is lossy in a way
> that's much worse than the lossy compression inherent in the medium.
>
> Ogg Vorbis gain leaves the raw data alone and requires all decoders to
> be able to apply the decibel correction from the headers. Similar to
> flac.
>

> -Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

I was under the impression that replay gain is applied via a tag in MP3
files and the original MP3 data is not altered, at least if FOOBAR200,
MediaMonkey or Winamp are used to create replay gain info for MP3 files.
How would this be different from Ogg Vorbis?
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=ReplayGain#MP3Gain

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and
Squeeseslave
Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and
Squeezeslave