Personally I would kill the idea of streaming flac to mobile devices and
just bandwidth limit the client in LMS. 320kb MP3 is undoubtedly good
enough when out and about. I would guess the limitation is insufficient
pre buffering, whereas internet video players would be more aware of the
requirements for this.

Flac is as you say about 900kbit, maybe just over 1mbit so shouldn't
really be a big issue. Note that HD video can be streamed in about
1.8mbit and still be bearable. Probably less, but still more than a flac
stream.

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0