drmatt wrote:
> Personally I would kill the idea of streaming flac to mobile devices and
> just bandwidth limit the client in LMS. 320kb MP3 is undoubtedly good
> enough when out and about. I would guess the limitation is insufficient
> pre buffering, whereas internet video players would be more aware of the
> requirements for this.
>
> Flac is as you say about 900kbit, maybe just over 1mbit so shouldn't
> really be a big issue. Note that HD video can be streamed in about
> 1.8mbit and still be bearable. Probably less, but still more than a flac
> stream.
>

> -Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-
For mobile use on iphone i use transcoded stream of 192kbit.
For remote use with laptop connected to highend gear or good headphones
i rather use flac. its just around 800kbit.
The videos i stream from my sat reciever use a bandwith of 8-14mbit!
No issue so far, even with openvpn. as i said: only the win7 squeezeplay
when used via openvpn doesnt do, but streams flac when not using openvpn