drmatt wrote:
> I also found the squeezebox build on Joggler wasn't so stable for long
> term playback. My touch will stream iPlayer live radio for days and days
> without hiccup, but the touch would regularly fail and require a power
> cycle (same if it was streaming local media tbh). I suspected the audio
> driver. Maybe that's just mine, don't know. Gave up with it. Raspberry
> Pi is the future for all things, imho. LMS need not die.
>

> -Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

Assume drmatt actually means "but the Joggler would regularly fail" and
I would agree with this from my experiences, I found the Joggler touch
screen to often be difficult and on one running SqueezeOS at my sister's
had far more failures and hassle with it than I would have liked, many
reboots required and lost network connections. Finally it crashed and
failed to reboot into SqueezeOS, no doubt a re-flash required.

During the same period (and for many years previously), not one issue
with my SB Touch, so I bit the bullet and upgraded her Joggler to a
Touch and we've not looked back, plus the Touch is fully functional with
our Harmony remotes using a "Squeeze me baby" activity which turns on
the Touch, TV soundbar and sets the correct input on the soundbar.

For me Jogglers just weren't quite good enough to remain in mainstream
use but are good for playtime and one did a sterling job for a couple of
years, booting into Android so I could run a Dementia Day Clock App for
my mother.

Kev