yeomanspc wrote:
> In my experience, SB rebooting is usually the PSU dying and not able to
> deliver sufficient power momentarily when the going gets tough.  If you
> still have the old SB3, try a different PSU..
>

> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I now have 3 PSU  units that I have tried
with this "bad" SB3. No fix. I also tried removing the wiFi card and
using it with an Ethernet connection. Still reboots. OTOH my second SB3
in living room works fine with the same PSU.
So I went ahead and bought a used SB3 off E-bay, (to replace bad SB3)
that is working fine...for now.  Bad SB3 is in storage for now.