sweiss42 wrote:
> Dear Forum, I am a newbie. I just configured SAMBA on picoreplayer and
> am looking for a value for "Create File Mode"
>
> I initially tried 0664, then I saw on a forum 0777 in an effort to be
> able to mount the drive on my Windows 7 system and be able to write to
> it.
>
> I am able to mount the USB attached drive on the Rasp Pi to my Windows 7
> system but I can't create/delete files on the share. I am assuming I
> need to put in an appropriate mask value in the Create File Mode box but
> don't know what that is.
>
> The drive is formatted as ext4 and mounts ok and I can read files on the
> drive that is mounted on the Rasp Pi from my Windows 7 system.
>
> This will sound like I am a bit thick headed (which may be true :) how
> does one play  music that is in the library? I had ripped a disc while
> the drive was mounted on a different system but I don't see a browse
> library function to be able to look at the contents of the disc? Any
> directions, tips, pointers greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> Steve

That's what Samba does, allows you to browse the contents.

If you keep moving the drive between windows and linux, you are going to
have problems.   Mount the drive on the pi, and leave it there.   File
mask for data files is 0664.   I'm sure your drive has the permissions
of the Windows machine.   You will need to set the permissions on the
drive.

Open an ssh session to the pi, and run

chmod -R tc.staff /mnt/<path you mounted your drive>

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer