DJanGo wrote:
> Did you check these files for an TPE2 Tag?

If TPE2 Tag = album artist tag, then yes, all of my tracks have this one
(I use iTunes to manage my tracks).
If it's -not- a compilation, then *album artist = artist* - if it's a
compilation, then -album artist = Various Artists-.

BTW I have noticed something similar if I create a -genre- menu for this
virtual library:
When I go into some genre entry it will show me artists (names) with no
albums in them (empty). Again, false entries where the sublevel has no
items.

In the *artists* menu it was *artist > (false) album > empty*  (virtual
library has tracks from this artist, just not from these albums)
now in the *genre* menu it's *genre > (false) artist > empty* (virtual
library includes this artist but in another genre).

I really can't make any sense of this at all. And I'm all out of ideas
on where to look or what to try.