Hi all

I'm trying to install the slimserver rpm for 6.2.1 on my laptop, running
Mandriva 2006.0. It's not working, so far. I had similar problems when I
installed an older version on Mandriva 2005LE, but I guess I managed to
solve it that time...

The problem I see in /tmp/slimserver.log is:
"Can't locate auto/DBI/connect.al in @INC" (...)
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line 147

which is:
        $dbh = DBI->connect($source, $username, $password, {
                RaiseError => 1,
                AutoCommit => 0,
                PrintError => 1,
                Taint      => 1,
                RootClass  => "DBIx::ContextualFetch"
        });

I tried adding perl module packages from Mandriva and using cpan directly,
but either there something else or I haven't found the right package yet.

Any idea on how to solve this?

If it is a module problem, I wonder why the correct module packages are not
listed in the dependencies of the RPM, it shouldn't be difficult to add all
te perl-... packages to make it work out of the box?

TIA

Simon