Plus ... Logitech did have a go at a device that did not rely on a local
LMS ... the UE Radio. It relied on one being run, and still being run,
by Logitech over Internet.

People who come here (to this particular forum) are almost certainly the
ones who, when they managed to get hold of the UE radio, tried to switch
it back to support a local LMS. A switch which Logitech initially said
was not possible and then updated firmware to make it possible and
officially endorsed it.

While it still seems strange to me that they remain in the home audio
market it is only for speakers (bluetooth or wired) and have no
internet-enabled audio devices (even dropped Airplay and never did
Chromecast I think).

However, they did keep the backend stuff working and continue to let
Michael Herger work on things (as a side line to what though Michael?) -
plus Michael devotes his private time to work on it as well.

Anyway - I remain delighted that it keeps working and that there is a
very supportive and dedicated handful of people that not only add things
and fix things but also provide great support here.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin