I recently gave my pi a present - an SSD (1TB) and a new home
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779CHX9L/ <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779CHX9L/>
plus this card
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/raspberry-pi-and-other-sbc-accessories/x820-v30-shield-sata-25-hddssd-for-raspberry-pi-p-13288.html

<https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/raspberry-pi-and-other-sbc-accessories/x820-v30-shield-sata-25-hddssd-for-raspberry-pi-p-13288.html>
 (just illustrative - I did not buy them there).

Now it lives happily in a home together with it’s partner SDD without moving
parts. Very nice and it seems to be very happy (I hear no complains).

I am happy too as it is absolutely quiet, and the response times are MUCH
faster than with my LaCie 2TB Rugged usb3 hdd.

So I would say this upgrade was definitely worth it.

After initial hiccups (LMS config was corrupted and I had to start with an
empty config) everything runs really smooth.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with the SDD, but I have the impression
that even syncing is faster.

Thanks a lot to everybody maintaining these great products (LMS and
piCorePlayer) and to Logitech.

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug