mherger wrote:
> > Jivelite for windows is currently using a different version of lua
> > (luajit 2.0) that is not 100% compatible with most applets written
> for
> > the touch and radio.
>
> Do you know about the performance impact this might have? I would assume
>
> Triode had a reason for the switch. But then there's probably no slower
>
> device running jivelite than the Controller :-).
>
> --
>
> Michael
I don't own a controller but the radio is not that zippy either.

I don't have any hard performance stats between luajit 2.0 and lua
5.1.5.  The jive hardware players all use lua 5.1.1 with language
extensions not provided in the base syntax.

'Triode stated'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98156-Announce-JiveLite-cut-down-squeezebox-control-application&p=738445&viewfull=1#post738445)
the move from lua to luajit was for additional features, and a
performance boost, but again no hard numbers.  There is only one feature
of luajit used in Jivelite that I revert to the lua version and I had to
add LuaBitOp language extension to lua 5.1

Monitoring jivelite CPU usage while the VU Meter now playing screen is
active shows no significant difference.

The picoreplayer jivelite builds have always used lua 5.1.x so it's been
well tested over the years.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.