I don't use the TIDAL plugin, but I can assure you that you can use
TIDAL and also continue to control everything through LMS and continue
to also play your local music collection.  It may be that TIDAL requires
you to have a mysqueezebox.com account (as does Pandora and a few other
services).  Having a mysqueezebox.com account does NOT mean that you
can't use LMS.

Someone that uses Tidal and LMS can chime in about the specifics of
setup.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify